Thursday, January 4, 2024

Vegan Pumpkin Hazelnut Bread

 I made pumpkin scones earlier in the week (that recipe will come later!), and had about 2 cups of pumpkin puree left.  What's a domestic goddess to do!  Make bread, of course!  My kids dig my vegan banana chocolate chip bread, so I thought why not make a vegan pumpkin nut bread...  But they don't love chunky nut pieces in their desserts and breads.  Enter hazelnut flour!  My go-to when I make chocolate hazelnut custard (I'll have to write up that recipe, too) and chocolate chip cookies will now be my newest addition to sweet bread as well!

Vegan Pumpkin-Hazelnut Bread

For the bread:

In a stand mixer bowl, squeeze in 1 ripe banana and mash until well blended.  Add in 2 cups pumpkin puree, 1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, 1 tbsp pumpkin pie seasoning, and 3/4 cup grapeseed oil and blend. 

In another bowl, mix together 5 cups AP Flour, 1 cup hazelnut flour, 1 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp baking soda, and 1 tbsp baking powder.

Add in the dry to the wet and mix until batter.  It will be thick and sticky.

Pour into 3 prepared loaf pans and let rest.  Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

In another bowl, make the topping by mixing together 1 cup softened vegan butter spread, 2/3 cup brown sugar, and 2/3 cup hazelnut flour.

Sprinkle half the topping over the loaves.

When preheated, drop the heat to 350 degrees, and put the pans in, cooking for 50 minutes to an hour or until done.  You can use the leftover topping to spread on pieces (or as a bagel topping!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment